CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Amen!

I never wanted Logann to know the meaning of the word "scared". I wanted to avoid the nights of crying in bed because she felt scared. But, after many days of playing chase in the house where Mom or Dad jump out and scream, "BOO!!", followed by, "Did that scare you?", she finally figured out the meaning of the word. Now, as we drive in the car, she might say, "Cars are coming. Scary!" Or, "Hide, Mommy! The monster is coming. Scary!"

I decided last night to try a new approach to her thinking things were scary. We were eating her "midnight snack" at the table, when she said, "Scary, Mom! Scary!" I said, "Logie, when you are afraid, we will trust in God." She looked at me and said, "OKAY!"

Today, she had a new take on our bible verse. This morning, she told me something was scary, so I quoted the verse to her again. This time, she jumped up and shouted, "AMEN!"

0 comments: