CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Logie on a mission

This past week, we took a Mission Trip to Rillo-Rillo (as Logann calls it). In Amarillo, we were conducting Apartment Ministry bible clubs and doing some clean up work around a church campground. I really worried about taking Logann on the trip because I didn't know how she would handle being off of her "normal" schedule, sleeping in a big bed, and taking a bath not in a bathtub. I don't know why I worried. She was a champ! At the apartments, she was right in the middle of all the kids playing. After we would leave, she would say, "I wanna play with da kids!" She couldn't wait to get back there each day. It was exciting for me to watch because I want this to be something that is a part of her. I don't want her to have to get used to ministering to people. I want her to grow up and not know any better. Hopefully, missions will be something that she can grown up and never know when she really starting doing it because it is something that she has always done.

When the week was all said and done, Logann slept in a bunk bed, taken a bath in a rubber maid tub, and witnessed 11 kids coming to know Jesus as the Savior. I couldn't have asked for anything better than to see Logie on a mission!!!!

1 comments:

Tallis said...

I am so excited to "virtually" hear about this. I was praying. It was cool having Sammy because he was a visual reminder of those we love out on the field. It's great that you guys are also educating her on the finer things in life like Capuchinos. It matters..... ;)