CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 7, 2008

Snow Day



Last night, we received an inch or so of snow. Logann wanted to see it so badly from the window after she woke up. We looked out, and I decided that we'd better hurry and play before it melted. I bundled her up in some sweats and her furry boots. We put on her mittens (which lasted only about 5 minutes) Then, we put on her gloves. I was hoping she would leave the gloves on since they were easier in which to move around. She has a wonderful time running through the traces of snow in our back yard. The gloves quickly came off as well, but she didn't seem to mind. She would run to the door and tell me that it was "COOLD!" Then, she would scurry away to throw some more snow.
I finally stopped taking her picture, and obviously stopped paying attention to her. Before long, I realized that I hadn't see her or heard her in several minutes. I moved closer to the backdoor and saw her running along the side fence...barefoot!!!!!! She had sat down by the bistro table, taken her boots off, and left her socks laying in a puddle so that she could run free!!! Of course, we immediately came in side.

I guess this is paybacks AGAIN for me. As much as I hated going outside as a child, I get to make up for in now because my child LOVES to be outside...boots or barefoot...freezing or not!

1 comments:

Tallis said...

Awesome! I started to come over but it was like 8:00 and the snow went too fast! If I'd known you were up I would have crashed!