CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Camping Out

Needing to get out and about, we took Logann on a one night camping trip. I decided to take one for the team and make a huge sacrifice--we actually stayed in a tent. We drove down to some land, owned by one of Jeremy's friends on the outside of Altus, OK. We set up our tent, and we geared up for the night. Jeremy took Logann fishing with her new Princess pole.She did not catch anything, but the next morning she said that fishing was her favorite part. We roasted hotdogs and made smores. It took some convincing, but Logann finally decided to eat the whole smore and not just the marshmallows. Once it got dark, we headed to our tent to watch movies (we couldn't rough it totally!). The night went smoothly until a few cows found their way to our tent and started chewing on my shoes that were outside the tent "door." I woke up to hear Jeremy yelling, "GAW! GAW!" as he tried to get the cows to move on. Luckily, they dropped my shoes and took off. Logann slept through the whole thing!

The next morning, we made some pancakes on the griddle and enjoyed a nice family breakfast. As we were getting things set up, Logann played on the side of the "kitchen." As I cooked, I could hear her singing "Jesus Loves Me." It was the sweetest thing!
I am actually surprised that I survived, but what surprised me the most is that I would consider doing it all again. Memories!

2 comments:

Cara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cara said...

i heard you guys were coming down to go camping and i actually thought to myself "courtney...camping?! what a great momma!"

we've had a lot of youth camps out there. and have i stayed the night? N-O-P-E :) i go, do the hot dog/smore thing...stay until very late...and then come home and crawl into my bed!

you are my hero! i'm glad you and your fam had fun!